Monday, July 22, 2013

My Future Book...I Hope

So right now I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to land my dream job over the next few months.  I have long been fascinated with the sociology of music and have been dreaming of writing a book on the subject since I graduated from college, seven long years ago.

So here is what is going on now in my world. 

I finally have a book proposal and have been sending said proposal to editors.  I am trying to find a publisher to offer me a contract so I can quit messing with all of the freelance work that I am doing aside from some blogs and the local paper that I really enjoy.  I really want to be able to focus completely on my writing and be able to earn a good income.  I'd also like to be considered and author rather than just a writer.

Now if you are not a writer then you would not be able to understand the difference here but this is something that is very important to me as it is something that is serious and defines the two.  I am working on creating a marketing plan for my book and attempting to gather all of the contact info for different people that I would like to interview for my book.  This process is taking quite some time but I would love to be able to contact these people immediately if I am offered a book contract so that I can meet the demanding six month deadline that I will have.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment