Friday, July 12, 2013

The Sociology of Music

This is my baby, my life's work so to say....

I guess I will explain a little bit about my dream job, dream goal in life, and what I want to do with it all.

I love music.  I have always loved music.  I can hear songs in my mind for different pivotal moments and I love that music is so much of who I am, who I want to be, and who I truly aspire to become.

I started on this project when I was attempting to do something fun during my senior year of college.  I started with a 3 semester hour class that I wrote myself and did all of the work on my own, called The Sociology of Deadheads.  This was something that was fun.  I got to meet some of the greatest people in the world and I got to interview and talk to them.

Well the time is coming for me to move on, to expand upon this project and to make it a chapter in my book.  I am working on writing a book about the sociology of music.

My goal is to interview fans, musicians (both small and big) and to see what has influenced them to do something that has created a sociological impact for others. 
Yes I know that to many of you this might sound like a nerdy thing to do but I love research and I could spend my entire life writing a set of encyclopedias of sorts on the sociology of music and the cultures that come from different bands' influences.

For now I am sticking with the music that I enjoy but I plan on branching out to other genres and other artists after the first book has been published. 

No comments:

Post a Comment